An essential building block for anyone looking to tinker toy their way to recumbent success is the Double-Ended Clamp! The open-ended four-bolt setup means that installation is a breeze, because you don't have to remove other things from your tube. The high surface area of the Double-Ended Clamp's grip securely clamps into place, holding light accessories or mounts wherever you want them to be.
1. What an odd shaped clamp. How does it work?
This clamp is designed to be a low clearance, medium duty clamp that's easy to install. That's why the ends are open- it gives you more room to get up close to things, and it makes it easier to install the clamp. The sides just pop apart and you put the clamp where you want.
2. What can I hold with it?
Any round, straight tube that is the right diameter. We an ever-growing library of clamp sizes. It's important the tube is straight for the 1/2 inch (12.7mm) where the clamp is attached. The tube can curve around in other places, but where the clamp is attached needs to be straight.
3. How strong it it?
The four-bolt Double-Ended Clamps are meant for most applications. It's definitely not designed for attaching critical things like steering components, heavy accessories, or exit assist handles. What it can handle strongly depends on the amount of leverage you put on it of course, so the overall design matters a lot.
4. Can I use it on things that aren't the "proper" size?
Unfortunately, no. For the clamp to grip well, it needs to be gripping something that is round, straight, and the rated size. Fortunately, that is usually possible.
- Machined from 6061 aluminum, anodized black. Available in multiple sizes, be sure to use clamps sized exactly for the tubing you wish to clamp.
- Simply remove both bolts, put the halves of the clamp around the tubes, and reinstall the bolts.
- Fits nearly any place you would like to clamp two tubes so they are parallel to each other.