An essential building block for anyone looking to tinker toy their way to recumbent success is the Double-Ended Clamp! The open-ended two-bolt setup means that installation is a breeze, because you don't have to remove other things from your tube. The high surface area of the Double-Ended Clamp's grip securely clamps into place, holding light accessories or mounts wherever you want them to be.
1. What an odd shaped clamp. How does it work?
This clamp is designed to be a low clearance, medium duty clamp that's easy to install. That's why the ends are open- it gives you more room to get up close to things, and it makes it easier to install the clamp. The sides just pop apart and you put the clamp where you want. Usually, all you have to do is remove one bolt and loosen the other to wrap the clamp around a tube.
2. What can I hold with it?
Any round, straight tube that is the right diameter. We an ever-growing library of clamp sizes. It's important the tube is straight for the 1/2 inch (12.7mm) where the clamp is attached. The tube can curve around in other places, but where the clamp is attached needs to be straight.
3. How strong it it?
Pretty strong, we call it light duty because the four-bolt Double-Ended Clamps are meant for most applications. It's designed for versatility and ease of installation more than maximum strength. It's designed to hold light accessories (under 2 lbs, 1kg or so). It definitely not designed for attaching critical things like steering components, heavy accessories, or exit assist handles. What it can handle strongly depends on the amount of leverage you put on it of course, so the overall design matters a lot.
4. Can I use it on things that aren't the "proper" size?
Unfortunately, no. For the clamp to grip well, it needs to be gripping something that is round, straight, and the rated size. Fortunately, that is usually possible.
- Machined from 6061 aluminum, anodized black. Available in multiple sizes, be sure to use clamps sized exactly for the tubing you wish to clamp.
- 7/8" (22.2mm) to 7/8" (22.2mm) clamp weighs 41 grams. 1" (25.4mm) to 7/8" (22.2mm) clamp weighs 43 grams. Anodized black coating, stainless steel hardware.
- There are three basic ways to install a clamp, depending on the tube it is going on. The first is to loosen the bolts and slide the clamp over the tube(s). If there are obstacles on one of the tubes, you'll need to remove one bolt, loosen the other, swivel the clamp open, and put it over the tube. If both tubes have obstacles, simply remove both bolts, put the halves of the clamp around the tubes, and reinstall the bolts.
- Fits nearly any place you would like to clamp two tubes so they are parallel to each other.
My overall experience has been outstanding. I have ordered several times now and each has been supportive of your original. Prompt professional service, no complications or problems encountered and the items received were as specified and on time. I will definitely be back for my trike needs. Thank You.
I used this clamp in conjunction with the 40mm X 7/8 bar to mount my headlight above my new fairing by clamping to the crossbar. The clamp is easy to attach and solid solid when tightened.
From start to finish, it was a great experience dealing with this company. I needed a 7/8" clamp that would fit the handlebars of my wife's G310R motorcycle for a power plug. Not only did I get the right clamp, but also helpful suggestions on what would fit...and they also worked with me to get it to me FAST as requested because we needed it for a trip. I have already spread the word among my acquaintances about this fantastic company that I found by chance after searching the web. Quality is outstanding, and you can tell that the proprietors take pride in what they're doing.
Best quality machined parts and designs at affordable prices, " TeamTerracycle Rocks!