An extended version of the Double-Ended Cockpit Mount, this clamp reaches places that no Double-Ended Cockpit Mount has ever reached before, while sharing all of the same qualities that we know and love. This clamp measures 5" from the center of one clamped tube to the center of the other clamped tube.
An essential building block in the Cockpit Mount family is the Double-Ended Cockpit Mount Clamp. The same sided bolt setup means that installation is a breeze, because you don't have to remove other things from your tube. The high surface area of the Double-Ended Cockpit Mount Clamp's grip securely clamps into place, holding any accessories or mounts wherever you want them to be.
1. What an odd shaped clamp. How does it work?
This clamp is designed to be a low clearance, medium duty clamp that's easy to install. The sides just pop apart and you put the clamp where you want. Usually, all you have to do is temporarily remove the bolts to wrap the clamp around a tube.
2. What can I hold with it?
Any round, straight tube that is the right diameter. We an ever-growing library of clamp sizes. It's important the tube is straight for the 1/2 inch (12.7mm) where the clamp is attached. The tube can curve around in other places, but where the clamp is attached needs to be straight.
3. How strong it it?
Pretty strong, we call it medium strength. It's designed for versatility and ease of installation more than maximum strength. It's designed to hold accessories (under 5 lbs, 2kg or so). It definitely not designed for attaching critical things like steering components, heavy accessories, or exit assist handles. What it can handle strongly depends on the amount of leverage you put on it of course, so the overall design matters a lot. It is possible to boost the strength considerably by using a pair of clamps spaced apart from one another, we do that on some of the SeatSide Mounts.
4. Can I use it on things that aren't the "proper" size?
Unfortunately, no. For the clamp to grip well, it needs to be gripping something that is round, straight, and the rated size. Fortunately, that is usually possible.
- Clamp measures 5" from the center of one clamped tube to the other.
- Machined from 6061 aluminum, anodized black. Available in two sizes, be sure to use clamps sized exactly for the tubing you wish to clamp.
- 7/8" (22.2mm) to 7/8" (22.2mm) clamp weighs 112 grams. 1" (25.4mm) to 7/8" (22.2mm) clamp weighs 104 grams. Anodized black coating, stainless steel hardware.
- Installation is simple. Temporarily remove the bolts, put the halves of the clamp around the tubes, and reinstall both of the middle bolts. With the middle bolts tightened lightly, you can adjust things around to where you need them. When things are where you want them, add the outer bolts and tighten things up.
- Fits many places where you would like to clamp two tubes so they are parallel to each other.
I was pleased with the quality, price, and speed of delivery. They just what I needed for my project.
I wanted to mount my bike headlight near the middle of my handlebars, but it needed to mount high so the light could clear the handlebar bag. Down low was not possible because of the front pannier and luggage rack on my touring bike. This clamp worked perfectly. Because its a precision metal to metal clamp, it is absolutely ridgid and tight. The headlight can be aimed properly and it stays there, regardless of what bumps I hit in the road or if I accidently bump it. I do not think there is any other solution on the market that will come close to working as well as this clamp.
I used these clamps for a difficult situation. Along with the tubing, Problem Solved!!