WRNS Long Wheelbase Fairing Kit
We have run out of stock for this item.
The WRNS Long Wheelbase Fairing Kit is a mount and fairing that turns with your handlebars, built for bikes with long wheelbases and available for Chopper or T-Bar handlebars. The fairing comes slotted to find around your front wheel and provide coverage from your hands all the way down to your toes. The fairing is designed to provide great aerodynamics and good foot clearance, with the main curve of the bubble shifted up slightly, compared to the WERX fairings. The hardware mounts with stainless steel lower mounting arms, (optional Minoura clamps available for forks without fairing bosses) and lightweight welded aluminum that attaches to your handlebars. Vibrations are isolated at the top and bottom to make your ride smoother and view clearer. Get it tinted for extra sun protection, or get it clear. Either way, the WRNS Long Wheelbase Fairing is going to make riding your 'bent much sweeter.
1. I have an RANS bike. Is this the fairing for me?
That depends. If it is a LWB RANS bike with the cranks up above the level of the front axle, then the answer is yes. If the cranks are down lower, more like a Tour Easy, then the WERX fairing would be better. The shape of this fairings is specifically designed for aerodynamically smoothing LWB bikes with the cranks in higher than front axle position. The mounts are simple, elegant, light, and- Quiet!
2. What about tinted fairings?
Some people say they feel cooler under a tinted fairing. Others just say they are cooler looking. We haven't measured the solar radiation shading provided by the tinting, so we can't make any claims for it. We think it does provide some shading effect. The cooler looking thing is very personal, it depends on the look you want.
3. How much faster will I be?
That depends very much on what the fairing is attached to and how it is set up, so there's no ready answer. From coastdown testing, about 4-5%. This is very noticeable.
4. How much will it keep the wind and rain off me?
Your feet and lower legs will be well protected. Your upper legs and torso will get some protection, depending on the weather and how you have things adjusted. In general, you will be a lot drier, and in the winter, a lot more comfortable.
5. How easy is it switch things so I can carry it on my car?
The fairing itself removes in about 30 seconds. You can then roll it up into a much smaller package. We make fleece covers for this, with drawstrings and elastic edges, but you can use a blanket or a large towel as well.
6. Can I attach things to the mount, like lights, computers, and GPSs?
Yes, on the standard width chopper bar mount. On the other mounts, no, there is no place to mount them. For lights, we make a LWB light mount that allows you to attach multiple lights above and beside the front wheel. We recommend lights outside the fairing, as it doesn't affect the beam pattern, and doesn't reflect back at you at night. Some people do it, and like it, but it's not what we would recommend.
7. How long does a fairing last?
A long time. We make our fairings from Lexan and Macrolon brand polycarbonate. They are both super tough and can take a lot of abuse. Things like cracking are not a problem. It does scuff, but we include a polish kit to help you keep it looking new.
- The WRNS is a classic fairing with many hundreds roaming the world every day. The special stainless steel and powder coated tubular aluminum mounts are rugged and the special rubber vibration isolation mounts make things very quiet. If you have a LWB bike, fairing is one of the single most important upgrades you can make for speed and all around weather protection.
- The laser cut stainless lower mounts attach to your fork blades. On most bikes, we provide two Minoura mounts to hold our stainless lower mounts to the fork. The upper mount is made from aluminum tube, welded and powder coated. Rubber swell nuts with thumbscrews attach the fairing both top and bottom. Attachment and adjustment are very easy.
- Width: 18in (46cm)
- Height (typical adjust): 36in (91cm)
- Depth (curve depth): 6.5in (17cm)
- Length: 41in centered, from wheel slot to top edge
- Dimensions vary a bit depending on how you have the fairing mounted and adjusted.
- The fairing is blown from premium brand polycarbonate (Macrolon for clear fairings, and Lexan for tinted fairings). The mount is made from tubular aluminum and stainless steel. All fasteners are stainless steel.
- The WRNS fairing and mounts fit a wide variety of LWB bikes: RANS, Lightfoot, Cycle Genius, and others. Basically, most ASS LWB bikes with the cranks above the axle of the front wheel. We make other fairings, like the WERX, that fits both low and high BB bikes.