If you have a 26" rear wheel or fold your trike often, the OneBolt Release is highly recommended.
One of the great things about triking is how nice it is to have everything right at hand as you roll along. With a SeatSide mount, you can have all sorts of things close at hand. The HP Velotechnik Gekko SeatSide Mount lets you carry bags, water bottles, cameras, all sorts of things, right by your side. Snacks, phones, lip balm, you name it, now you can keep it all within reach while riding. This mount attaches to the main tube behind the seat. The SeatSide arm can be attached on either side, or both if you wish. The quick on/off OneBolt Release option enables the main arm to be quickly removed and reinstalled for folding. If you plan to go to a double sided mount in the future, order the OneBolt Release version for a super simple later upgrade.
1. How does it work?
A specially machined clamp attaches to the main tube just ahead of the chainstays. Smaller clamps sideways on the frame clamp hold a support tube that comes out sideways and up from the main tube. The end of the support tube has a T clamp that holds a horizontal accessory mounting tube. The accessory mounting tube is long enough to hold whatever you'd like.
2. How adjustable is it?
Very. Since everything is clamped, not welded, you can adjust things up/down, in/out, and forward/back. If you want to really customize it, you can shorten any of the tubes, or even substitute another of a different size.
3. Which side does it go on?
Either, or both, with the double sided option. It's up to you.
4. Will this work with a other HPVT trikes?
No, this mount uses a horizontal support tube sized and shaped for the Gekko. While the Scorpion also has a 60mm main tube, the reach from the frame clamp up to the SeatSide area is very different. If you have a Scorpion with a BodyLink seat, email us for more information about what's possible.
5. What can you put on it?
Anything that you can attach to a standard 7/8in (22.2mm, standard handlebar size) tube. So, most anything that's made to be mounted to a bike. Most people attach handlebar bags, water bottles, phones, things like that. The supplied accessory mounting tube is 11 inches (28cm) long, so you have lots of room.
6. How much weight can it hold?
A lot, but obviously it has it's limits. We're saying 10lbs (4.5kg) to be on the safe side. We do recommend that if you want to carry living things (like pets) that you do so carefully.
- The mount can be set up on the left side, the right side, or both sides. Attach the frame clamp to the main tube just ahead of the chainstays from the rear wheel. Insert the support tube into the sideways clamps on the frame clamp. Insert the accessory mounting tube into the T clamp, then sit in the seat and decide where you'd like the accessory mounting tube to be. Tighten all of the clamps, you're ready to go!
- The OneBolt Release option allows you to quickly and easily remove nearly everything for folding and/or transport. With 1-2 turns on a single collar clamp bolt, the main pieces slide out, leaving only the frame clamp and a short tube left on the trike. Reinstalling is just as easy, just slide the main part of the mount back in and tighten the one bolt. The OneBolt Release option replaces the Y clamps that hold the support tube to the Frame Clamp with larger ones and adds an intermediate slotted tube with a collar clamp. The intermediate tube is slotted at both ends to enable the double sided option.
- The double sided option shares the frame clamp and intermediate tube, and adds another collar clamp, sideways support tube, T clamp, and accessory mounting tube. That's why when you pick the double sided option, you automatically get the OneBolt Release.
- We include a user installed catchpost in case you want to use a handlebar bag that is designed to index to the handlebar stem on an upright bike. Some handlebar bags have a cable or an arm that is designed to catch on a handlebar stem to keep the bag from rotating down. The catchpost provides a place for that to connect.
- We make a lot of tubes and clamps that are compatible with this system if you need to do customizations.
- Clamps are CNC machined aluminum, anodized black, with all stainless fasteners. Tubes are black powder coated aluminum with removable black end caps.
- HP Velotechnik Gekko trikes, and most other trikes with 60mm diameter main tubes.
I had no trouble fitting the side seat mount kit from T-Cycle and it has made our tours a lot pleasanter. It is a well made device and we can recommend it highly. The service was excellent. We bought two devices for our two Gekkos: FXS and FX. Both need slightly different fittings, T-Cycle guided me through the in and outs of the different specifications.
I recently purchased a side seat mount kit from T-Cycle. It was easy to install and fit with no alterations. Very happy with the overall concept of the side seat mount. If I were to have one suggestion to make this a better product, I would ask for the following. I’m a slighter larger than average male and fill out the seating area on my HP Gekko trike. When I slide the bent bar all the way to the end and even with clamp, the mounting bar is right under my elbow, similar to sitting in a compact car and having the arm rest right at your side. I would have liked to see the bent bar just 2-3 longer to give a bit outward adjustment. Other than that, happy with the purchase. Thank you