These Y clamps are designed to attach either a 7/8 inch (22.2mm) or 1 inch (25.4mm) tube to something else. The upper part of the Y clamps the tube, while an m6 bolt down inside the bottom of the Y attaches it to something else. In the case of the SeatSide Mount system, the something else is a Heavy Duty Frame Clamp. However, you can use these clamps in many ways, pretty much any time you'd like to attach a 7/8 or 1 inch tube to something else- or attach something else to a 7/8 or 1 inch tube... think about that!
1. What's it for?
It's for attaching things to tubes, or conversely, attaching tubes to things. If you have a 7/8 or 1 inch (22.2 or 25.4mm) tube that you want to attach to something, or vice versa, this clamp could be very useful.
2. I get the clamping to the tube part, I have lots of places I'd like to do that. What about the attaching something else part?
Good Question. The something else is attached with a 6mm bolt. The bolt extends out the bottom of the Y and the head is accessed from inside the Y. We will be making a version with 6mm internal threads in the bottom of the Y instead of the bolt sticking out.
3. So the something else is attached with a 6mm bolt?
Yes. Any 6mm socket head bolt of your choosing. We have 6mm stainless bolts for a reasonable price if you know the length you need.
- Available in 1 inch and 7/8 inch (25.4 and 22.2mm) sizes. Whatever you are attaching to the tube, or attaching the tube to, is held with an m6 socket head (Allen) bolt. Clamp requires 1/2 inch (12.7mm) of space on the tube.
- Machined from 6061T6 aluminum, anodized black. All fasteners are stainless. The tube arch clamp bolts are m5 with 4mm Allen heads, the pocket in the bottom of the Y for attaching things is machined for an M6 Allen head bolt. We will be making a version with 6mm internal threads in the bottom of the Y instead of a bolt.
- Remove one of the 5mm arch clamp bolts and swing the arch out of the way to access the 6mm bolt pocket. Attach whatever you'd like with the 6mm bolt, then put the clamp over the tube and reinstall the 5mm bolt. Adjust the position of the clamp on the tube, then tighten both 5mm arch clamp bolts evenly.
- Fits anything with a 7/8 or 1 inch (22.2 or 25.4) tube.