Specifically designed for RANS bikes, the ultra-durable T-Cycle RANS Easy Reacher Rack is custom made for each type of RANS seat rail, and in some cases, even for certain models. Much stronger than an ordinary rack, Easy Reacher racks are made with with black anodized TIG-welded rack arms and lots of specially machined components. Mounting arms are custom CNC machined for each bike's main frame tube and chainline. Racks are further customized with pannier rail leveling clamps specific to the angle of your main tube. Once you see how beautiful these parts are you will appreciate the all USA made T-Cycle rack. No other rack system is anything like it. These are the racks RANS sells and recommends.
1. Why underseat?
Rear racks have their place, but underseat racks really let you carry things. A rear rack is great for light things, or occasional use, but when you want to carry things on a regular basis, underseat is the way to go. With the weight low and centered, your bike's handling is not affected like is with a rear rack. When the amount of weight gets significant at all, the difference is very noticeable.
2. How much can I carry?
A lot. Our racks are rated 30lbs/side, but they can carry more. So, more than you are probably ever going to need to carry. It's good to know you've got capacity to spare if you ever need it.
3. What panniers can I use?
Any pannier with the hooks near the top. You can adjust your rack up and down, but most people find positioning the pannier rail about 2 inches below the seat works best.
4. How do they install?
We machine special arms that clamp to the main tube. Each arm is shaped for the frame, seat rail, and chainline of the bike it's used with. The arms have cable tunnels for the rear derailleur and brake cables for the bikes that need that. It depends on your seat position, but generally one arm will go in front of the seat and one behind the seat. You lay the arms on the frame, attach the machined clamp arches from underneath, and finally, attach and adjust the pannier rails.
Installation is pretty straightforward:
- two arms attach to the main tube of your bike: one in front of the seat mount, and one behind.
- Machined clips attach the pannier rails to the ends of the arms.
- A stabilizing crossarm goes between the bottom portions of the pannier rails.
Installation requires a single 4mm allen wrench and takes only a few minutes.
- Recumbent riders all know that the best place to keep a pannier bag is under the seat. This position maintains your bike's stability and allows you to carry heavier loads with ease. Another big bonus: you have easier access to stuff you need. Our Easy Reacher Racks are legendary for their carrying capacity and year after year durability—for touring or commuting, on pavement or off. Expedition tough T-Cycle racks are sought out by knowledgeable recumbent riders everywhere. They have toured back and forth across many continents without incident. All USA made, high strength, lightweight aluminum, beautifully machined rack arms, TIG welded pannier rails, and stainless steel fittings.
- While many models share the same rack configuration, some RANS bikes have unique requirements. The main difference is in seat tube size and seat rail type. The frame tube shape is different on the new ovalized tube bikes, necessitating the new racks arms used on this rack. In addition to the seat tube mounting shape, there are differences in chainline allowance and other things on some models.
- The position and fit of the rack on your bike is probably more adjustable than any rack you have ever seen. Forward/back, up/down, and rack angle are all adjustable.
- While the racks can carry heavy loads, we do recommend that you try to load them approximately evenly. For touring, we recommend putting your heaviest things in the underseat bags, and if you need to, put additional light things behind the seat. How you load your bags can affect ground clearance, so make sure nothing pooches out the bottom of your bag.
- If you ever want to remove the rack for a time, it is easy to remove the pannier rails as a unit and leave the arms on the frame under the seat.
- Each of our RANS racks is made for a specific type of RANS bike. While many types share the same rack configuration, some of RANS bikes have important features unique to that model (chainline accomodations, typically). The racks here are made for bikes with the new ovalized main tubes.
beau produit a l air très solide. mise a part les frais surprise de poste canada le reste est parfait.
Very good. Easy to install. Seems strong
As the name implies, T-Cycle’s Easy Reacher Rack allows you to mount your under-seat panniers, shopping baskets or whatever within arms length, for easy access while riding. Especially convenient as it’s close to impossible to mount a basket to the bars of a ‘bent the way one could do on a conventional upright. First Stratus XP XL I purchased came with a brand new, sealed-in-bag Easy Reacher made for the 1-1/2” Radloc and installed perfectly. Gave such good service over the course of a year, purchased another for my second XP — an XXL, to which I added e-assist. Had to install [black SS] extension brackets on that one to drop the pannier rails down about 1-1/4”, in order to fit the 6-Gallon battery buckets with lids on JANDD Mountaineering J-hooks. Successfully carrying twin Luna Cycle DireWolf 14lb battery packs, with room to spare for large tablet bag, first aid/sanitizer kit, snacks and beverages. Easy Reacher handles it all, no flex no fuss. Of course, extra length of the Electric Blue Stratus allowed for the RANS Standard Seat to be slid as far forward as possible, so that the 17” long buckets don’t protrude under the very nose of the seat pan. That way I can still walk the bike without hitting my calves, whew! Also took advantage of the rack’s triangle supports to mount a plexiglass tube cross piece that prevents the chain from jumping under the return idler when slack. Works like a charm, don’t know how else I might have solved that problem. Thanks T-Cycle!
The rack is great and extremely well made and was easy and fun to install. I’m using some older cannondale front panniers and I was able to mount them pretty easily. I couldn’t be happier with the purchase. The customer service was excellent as well. Even though the rack I ordered wasn’t available immediately, I was kept up to date on the fabrication process. I didn’t mind waiting. It felt like it was being custom made for me. Thanks