Specifically designed for RANS bikes, the ultra-durable T-Cycle RANS Easy Reacher Rack is custom made for each type of RANS seat rail, and in some cases, even for certain models. Much stronger than an ordinary rack, Easy Reacher racks are made with with black anodized TIG-welded rack arms and lots of specially machined components. Mounting arms are custom CNC machined for each bike's main frame tube and chainline. Racks are further customized with pannier rail leveling clamps specific to the angle of your main tube. Once you see how beautiful these parts are you will appreciate the all USA made T-Cycle rack. No other rack system is anything like it. These are the racks RANS sells and recommends.
1. Why underseat?
Rear racks have their place, but underseat racks really let you carry things. A rear rack is great for light things, or occasional use, but when you want to carry things on a regular basis, underseat is the way to go. With the weight low and centered, your bike's handling is not affected like is with a rear rack. When the amount of weight gets significant at all, the difference is very noticeable.
2. How much can I carry?
A lot. Our racks are rated 30lbs/side, but they can carry more. So, more than you are probably ever going to need to carry. It's good to know you've got capacity to spare if you ever need it.
3. What panniers can I use?
Any pannier with the hooks near the top. You can adjust your rack up and down, but most people find positioning the pannier rail about 2 inches below the seat works best.
4. How do they install?
We machine special arms that clamp to the main tube. Each arm is shaped for the frame, seat rail, and chainline of the bike it's used with. The arms have cable tunnels for the rear derailleur and brake cables for the bikes that need that. It depends on your seat position, but generally one arm will go in front of the seat and one behind the seat. You lay the arms on the frame, attach the machined clamp arches from underneath, and finally, attach and adjust the pannier rails.
Installation is pretty straightforward:
- two arms attach to the main tube of your bike: one in front of the seat mount, and one behind.
- Machined clips attach the pannier rails to the ends of the arms.
- A stabilizing crossarm goes between the bottom portions of the pannier rails.
Installation requires a single 4mm allen wrench and takes only a few minutes.
- Recumbent riders all know that the best place to keep a pannier bag is under the seat. This position maintains your bike's stability and allows you to carry heavier loads with ease. Another big bonus: you have easier access to stuff you need. Our Easy Reacher Racks are legendary for their carrying capacity and year after year durability—for touring or commuting, on pavement or off. Expedition tough T-Cycle racks are sought out by knowledgeable recumbent riders everywhere. They have toured back and forth across many continents without incident. All USA made, high strength, lightweight aluminum, beautifully machined rack arms, TIG welded pannier rails, and stainless steel fittings.
- While many models share the same rack configuration, some RANS bikes have unique requirements. The main difference is in seat tube size and seat rail type. The frame tube shape is different on the new ovalized tube bikes, necessitating the new racks arms used on this rack. In addition to the seat tube mounting shape, there are differences in chainline allowance and other things on some models.
- The position and fit of the rack on your bike is probably more adjustable than any rack you have ever seen. Forward/back, up/down, and rack angle are all adjustable.
- While the racks can carry heavy loads, we do recommend that you try to load them approximately evenly. For touring, we recommend putting your heaviest things in the underseat bags, and if you need to, put additional light things behind the seat. How you load your bags can affect ground clearance, so make sure nothing pooches out the bottom of your bag.
- If you ever want to remove the rack for a time, it is easy to remove the pannier rails as a unit and leave the arms on the frame under the seat.
- Each of our RANS racks is made for a specific type of RANS bike. While many types share the same rack configuration, some of RANS bikes have important features unique to that model (chainline accomodations, typically). The racks here are made for bikes with the new ovalized main tubes.
The rack is great and extremely well made and was easy and fun to install. I’m using some older cannondale front panniers and I was able to mount them pretty easily. I couldn’t be happier with the purchase. The customer service was excellent as well. Even though the rack I ordered wasn’t available immediately, I was kept up to date on the fabrication process. I didn’t mind waiting. It felt like it was being custom made for me. Thanks
I needed some low hangers for my Ti-Rex quick. I needed the clamps only and they hooked me up. Thank you
Could not be better. All of Pat's products are of excellent quality. I have been using Terra Cycle products for many years and they never let you down. John from Rye, NH
It's the fourth or fifth purchase of TCycle goods I have made, and each time, after some hemming and hawing due to price and me being a poor nutty professor- I can't help but be impressed, and without regrets ever! There is no sloppy craftsmanship, the finish and fit are clean and almost magic-directions clear (as long as I don't get ahead of myself!), and these racks work wonderfully on the bike.....can't recommend enough! As long as this amount of care and attention to detail remain, the price is very much worth it-not to mention tremendous customer support-but don't let this go to your heads TCYCLE! :)
On the 1st day of our tour over after miles of rough road and carrying heavy panniers I stopped for a map check and saw my left pannier vertical brace had come loose from the cross brace so that the bar was only connected in the rear. Still it didn’t break , bend , or come off. I refastened it with some loctite and kept going . I was impressed at its strength.