One of the great things about triking is how nice it is to have everything right at hand as you roll along. With a SeatSide mount, you can have all sorts of things close at hand. The ICE Mesh Seat SeatSide Mount lets you carry bags, water bottles, cameras, all sorts of things, right by your side. Snacks, phones, lip balm, you name it, now you can keep it all within reach while riding. This mount attaches to the horizontal brace on the back the seat. The mount comes out and forward to your side. The SeatSide arm can be attached on either side, or both if you wish. If you have seen the ICE SeatSide mount, this mount is similar in concept but is adjustable up/down, forward/back, and has a much larger area for you to mount things. You can attach a bag and two water bottles, for instance, or something larger like a dog carrier. If you order the double sided version, please let us know if you have the wider HD seat, so we can send the proper width support tube for behind the seat.
1. How does it work?
Specially machined clamps attach to the middle of the back of the seat frame, on the straight part between the bends. A support tube comes out sideways and down from the seat mount clamps. The end of the support tube has a T-clamp that holds a horizontal accessory mounting tube. The accessory mounting tube is long enough to hold whatever you'd like.
2. What makes it different from the ICE mount?
The stock ICE side mount is similar, but it has a smaller accessory mounting area and is only adjustable left/right. On the T-Cycle mount, everything is clamped, not welded, so you can adjust things up/down, left/right, and forward/back. The space provided to mount accessories is about 3 times as long. If you want to really customize it, you can shorten any of the tubes, or even substitute another of a different size.
3. Which side does it go on?
Either, or both, with the double sided option. It's up to you. If you order the double sided version, please let us know if you have the wider HD seat, so we can send the proper width support tube for behind the seat.
4. Will this work with a Hardshell seat?
No, this mount attaches to the middle of the rear seat support tube on a Mesh (Ergo-Flow) seat. If you have a Hardshell seat, we have other versions that attach to the main tube of your trike.
5. What can you put on it?
Anything that you can attach to a standard 7/8in (22.2mm, standard handlebar size) tube. So, most anything that's made to be mounted to a bike. Most people attach handlebar bags, water bottles, phones, things like that. The supplied accessory mounting tube is 11 inches (28cm) long, so you have lots of room. We have longer tubes if you really want to go crazy.
6. How much weight can it hold?
A lot, but obviously it has it's limits. We're saying 10lbs (4.5kg) to be on the safe side. We do recommend that if you want to carry living things (like pets) that you do so carefully.
Installation is straightforward.
- First, you attach the clamps to the back of the seat.
- Next, you assemble the accessory mounting tube to the T clamp on the support tube.
- You then slide the support arm into the seat clamps and adjust the system to the left/right, up/down, and forward/back position you'd like.
- You're ready to install your accessories!
- We include a user installed catchpost in case you want to use a handlebar bag that is designed to index to the handlebar stem on an upright bike. Some handlebar bags have a cable or an arm that is designed to catch on a handlebar stem to keep the bag from rotating down. The catchpost provides a place for that to connect.
- We make a lot of tubes and clamps that are compatible with this system if you need to do customizations.
- Clamps are CNC machined aluminum, anodized black, with all stainless fasteners. Tubes are black powder coated aluminum with removable black end caps.
- Fits all ICE trikes (and bikes) with an Ergo-Flow mesh seat.
I purchased this mount for my ICE Full Fat as it can be adjusted back far enough to clear my front tire. It installed easily and is solid.
Used on upper bar of ICE seat back to create a sun shade.