One of the great things about triking is how nice it is to have everything right at hand as you roll along. With a SeatSide mount, you can have all sorts of things close at hand. The Hase/Kettweisel SeatSide Mount lets you carry bags, water bottles, cameras, all sorts of things, right by your side. Snacks, phones, lip balm, you name it, now you can keep it all within reach while riding. This mount cleverly attaches to the diagonal tube going to the rear wheel. It can be attached on either side, or both if you wish. The photos show the OneBolt Release quick on/off option where the main arm can be quickly removed and reinstalled if needed for transport. The mounting arm is adjustable up/down, left/right, and forward/back. Please let us know the diameter of your diagonal tube in the notes with your order. Hase has used a couple different sizes of tubes depending on the exact model.
1. How does it work?
A specially machined clamp attaches to the diagonal tube just ahead of the rear axle. Smaller clamps sideways on the frame clamp hold a support tube that comes out to in front of the rear wheel. Another tube comes up vertically and holds a horizontal accessory mounting tube. The accessory mounting tube is long enough to hold whatever you'd like.
2. How adjustable is it?
Very. Since everything is clamped, not welded, you can adjust things up/down, in/out, and forward/back. If you want to really customize it, you can shorten any of the tubes, or even substitute another of a different size.
3. Which side does it go on?
Either, it's up to you.
4. Will this work with a other trikes?
This mount has a lot of articulation and will most likely work on other trikes with 2 inch round tubes. We make a range of main tube clamp sizes, email us for more information about what's possible.
5. What can you put on it?
Anything that you can attach to a standard 7/8in (22.2mm, standard handlebar size) tube. So, most anything that's made to be mounted to a bike. Most people attach handlebar bags, water bottles, phones, things like that. The supplied accessory mounting tube is 11 inches (28cm) long, so you have lots of room.
6. How much weight can it hold?
A lot, but obviously it has it's limits. We're saying 10lbs (4.5Kg) to be on the safe side. We do recommend that if you want to carry living things (like pets) that you do so carefully.
The mount can be set up on the left or right side.
- Attach the frame clamp to the diagonal tube ahead of the rear axle.
- Insert the horizontal support tube into the sideways clamps on the frame clamp so the other end comes out just ahead of the rear wheel.
- Insert the vertical support tube into the horizontal tube.
- Insert the accessory mounting tube into the T clamp on the end of the vertical tube.
- Then sit in the seat and decide where you'd like the accessory mounting tube to be.
- Tighten all of the clamps, you're ready to go!
- We include a user installed catchpost in case you want to use a handlebar bag that is designed to index to the handlebar stem on an upright bike. Some handlebar bags have a cable or an arm that is designed to catch on a handlebar stem to keep the bag from rotating down. The catchpost provides a place for that to connect.
- We make a lot of tubes and clamps that are compatible with this system if you need to do customizations. Check out the SeatSide Mount Hardware and Cockpit Mount Hardware pages for more information.
- Clamps are CNC machined aluminum, anodized black, with all stainless fasteners. Tubes are black powder coated aluminum with removable black end caps.
- All known Kettwiesels. It mat be that the Ti versions have a different tube size, if so, we probably make that size clamp too, but we haven't verified that yet.