These arms currently do not fit the Catrike Eola.
If you have a Catrike, and need all the help you can get to get in and out of your trike, these are the Assist Arms for you! Designed after extensive research with real people in real world situations, these arms provide the forms of support you need to safely and comfortably get on and off your trike. The long, curving arms provide multiple gripping positions and provide a generous area to rest your wrists and arms. The arms are centered over the front wheels. They extend forward so they are easy to reach when you are first getting on, and extend back towards you when you're seated to help you start to get up. The front to back configuration also means there's no twisting of hands or wrists required, your grip is always natural and comfortable. The low profile clamps provide optimal positioning.
1. What do these arms do?
These arms provide a large, comfortable grip area to help you get on and off your Catrike. They can also be used to mount mirrors and accessories.
2. Why these arms?
These arms were designed after lots of testing with a lot of different people. They place a large, strong, comfortable grip area with lots of hand position options right where you need them. They are super easy and super comfortable to use. The lengthwise orientation means your arms and wrists don't need to twist to grip them. They are naturally in line with your grip and very comfortable to use. If you don't need as much help as these arms provide, we make a shorter version for those that only need a little help.
3. Why are they so long?
The shape, length, and position are specifically designed to give you a range of places to grip depending on what you need at different points in the getting on and getting off process. When you're getting on, the forward part of the grip is easy to find, even without looking behind you. You just reach down naturally with your hands, and the grip is right there. As you transition to being seated, you can reposition your hands as you need to. The downward curving part at the back makes it easy to get started getting out, and the long, cushioned grip allows you to push with your arms if you don't have good hand or wrist strength. These arms were designed after extensive work with physical therapists and real users to be the safest, most comfortable Assist Arms available.
- These arms are the ones originally designed by Eddee Edson of Thrive Cycling
- Made in USA from powder coated 6061T6 aluminum. Low profile mounts are made here in our shop in Portland, OR, USA.
- Arms are 1 inch (25.4mm) diameter for easier gripping.
- Arms are usually mounted behind the brakes and shifters. About 1.75 inches (45mm) of open space is required at the end of the horizontal steering arm. Unless you have your controls mounted all the way out at the ends of the steering arms, slide them forward as necessary to make room for the Assist Arm clamps. Attach the clamps and install the arms. Adjust the arms so they are plumb and level and there is enough room to easily reach the controls.
- If you need your controls all the way out at the ends of your steering arms, use the low profile mounts to attach the arms ahead of the controls. The clamps are designed so the heads of the bolts face inward for easy wrench access.
- When getting on, stand where you usually would right in front of the main cross tube. Reach down and move your hands inward and you'll automatically find the arms. Grab the arms and rest your arms on them as you sit down. To get up, first grip the curved part of the arm closest to you and use it to pull yourself to an upright posture. Then reach forward on the main part of the arm and pull yourself up. You can rest you arm on the foam cushion as you do this.
- Fit all Catrikes except Eola. We are working on versions for other trikes.
Extra Long Catrike Assist Arms
A bit difficult initially but got easier to use as time went on. The arms are a little awkward for a tall person (6'3") trying to pry a 75 year old body from a mostly horizontal position to vertical. Overall, excellent product; I highly recommend them.
Assist Arms for Catrike 559
Hi - I bought the extended version of these and they work great! Shipping was prompt. Very happy with purchase.
Catrike arm assist
Just what we needed for my 85 year old husband with hip problems!
Extra Long Catrike Assist Arms
These made entering and exiting my trike safe and easy. Great product