One of the great things about triking is how nice it is to have everything right at hand as you roll along. With a SeatSide mount, you can have all sorts of things close at hand. Our Azub SeatSide Mount lets you carry bags, water bottles, cameras, all sorts of things, right by your side. Snacks, phones, lip balm, you name it, now you can keep it all within reach while riding. This mount attaches to the back of the seat frame. The mount curves out and down to stay clear of the seat adjustment clamp and the rear rack; then it comes forward to your side. The SeatSide arm can be attached on either side.
1. How does it work?
Specially machined clamps attach to the middle seat support tube, near the seat angle adjusting arms. A support tube comes out sideways and down from the seat mount clamps. The end of the support tube has a T clamp that holds a horizontal accessory mounting tube. The accessory mounting tube is long enough to hold whatever you'd like.
2. How adjustable is it?
Very. Since everything is clamped, not welded, you can adjust things up/down, in/out, and forward/back. If you want to really customize it, you can shorten any of the tubes, or even substitute another of a different size.
3. Which side does it go on?
Either, or both, with the double sided option. It's up to you.
4. Will this work with a hardshell seat?
No, but you will still have the main tube mounted option.
5. What can you put on it?
Anything that you can attach to a standard 7/8in (22.2mm, standard handlebar size) tube. So, most anything that's made to be mounted to a bike. Most people attach handlebar bags, water bottles, phones, things like that. The supplied accessory mounting tube is 11 inches (28cm) long, so you have lots of room.
6. How much weight can it hold?
A lot, but obviously it has it's limits. We're saying 10lbs (4.5Kg) to be on the safe side. We do recommend that if you want to carry living things (like pets) that you do so carefully.
- We include a user installed catchpost in case you want to use a handlebar bag that is designed to index to the handlebar stem on an upright bike. Some handlebar bags have a cable or an arm that is designed to catch on a handlebar stem to keep the bag from rotating down. The catchpost provides a place for that to connect.
- We make a lot of tubes and clamps that are compatible with this system if you need to do customizations. Check out the Seatside Mount Hardware and Cockpit Mount Hardware pages for more information.
- Clamps are CNC machined aluminum, anodized black, with all stainless fasteners. Tubes are black powder coated aluminum with removable black end caps.
- The clamps that attach to the back of the seat can be oriented up/down and forward/back, depending on the adjustment range you'd like. Most people find they put the clamps facing back and find there is plenty of range and it's a little bit easier to install the clamps that way.
- Fits Azub trikes (and bikes) with Mesh seats. Also, most other bikes and trikes with 5/8 inch (16mm) seat frame crossarms (Greenspeed, etc.).
Most convenient trike bag mount system
I love the side mount bag system.. I can keep things i need in reach. with rack panniers, you have to get off the trike to get out a camera, or snack. Great addition to the recumbent trike. And it is really solid. AAA+++
Easy to install
TerraCycle always has the solution! I bought this SeatSide mount and it was super easy to install and fit perfectly without trying to adjust everything to make it fit. A very well made product and a good price!