Ever wanted to attach a computer, GPS, mirror, or phone right near your hands? Ever wanted to attach something to your handlebars but there just wasn't a good way to do it? Consider it solved! This nifty little two part mount consists of a clever little low profile clamp that attaches to your handlebars and an accessory mounting tube that attaches to the clamp. The clamp can go almost anywhere- all it needs is 1/2 inch (12mm) of straight handlebar and you can fit it in. The accessory mounting tube can be all sorts of things. Our standard options are a straight tube 4 inches (101mm) long or a 90 degree L that measures 1.75 inches (45mm) along the inside of the legs. Both are 7/8 (22.2mm) diameter and hollow, so standard handlebar accessories can fit on the outside, and things like mirrors can fit on the inside.
1. Why this new mount?
We found that a lot of trikers would like to mount accessories right below their hands. There often isn't much room on the handlebar to attach a mount, but there is usually at least a little bit of room between the grip and the brake, or right below the brake. We designed a new low profile clamp that only requires half an inch (about 12.7mm) of room. If you don't have that much room already, you can usually create it pretty easily. In order to maximize the versatility, we made the clamp so that it also clamps the accessory mounting tube from the inside. This means all sorts of tubular things can be attached, from ordinary straight tubes to bent or welded shapes. There are all sorts of possibilities. You are not limited to a mount with a particular shape or length, you can easily make things exactly the way you want them.
2. What can I put on it?
All sorts of things, from mirrors, to computers, to armrests, to phones, GPSs, and special needs things.
3. Can I use it to make my own bar end?
Unfortunately, no. The clamp is designed to be small and light and it's not strong enough to be a true bar end that you'd use for steering.
4. Can I put other tubes on it?
This is giving me all sorts of ideas! Yes, any ordinary 7/8 inch (22.2mm) handlebar tubing will fit. We make a number of straight, bent, and welded tube things that are all compatible (See our Cockpit Mounts, SeatSide Mounts, and Fairing Mounts, for example).
The inside wedge clamp is operated by a 6mm bolt accessed from under the arch of the outside clamp. To operate the inside clamp, remove one of the 5mm bolts holding the clamp arch. Swing the arch aside to reach the 6mm edge clamp bolt. Adjust the Accessory Mounting Tube, then tighten the 6mm bolt securely.
To attach to the handlebar, all you need is 1/2 inch (12.7mm) of straight tube to clamp to. If something like the brakes or a grip is in the way, you can probably move the brake or the grip a little bit to create the needed room. Remove both 5mm bolts from the clamp arch and position the clamp on the tube. Reinstall the arch, adjust the position of the mount, and tighten the 5mm bolts evenly.
- Machined from 6061T6 aluminum, anodized black. Fasteners are stainless steel. Clamp basically attaches two 7/8 tubes together, one from the outside, and one from the inside. The Accessory Mounting tubes provided are black powder coated 7/8 diameter 6061T4 tube.
- This mount system is designed to fit into small spaces on handlebars and provide places to mount accessories. It is very versatile and can be reconfigured for many other light duty purposes.
- The outside clamp is designed to clamp around a painted or anodized 7/8 inch (22.2mm) tube. Only 1/2 inch (12.7mm) of open handlebar space is required.
- The inside clamp is designed to clamp to the inside of a 7/8 inch tube with a wall thickness of 0.065 to 0.049 inches (1.6 to 1.24mm). Most 7/8 tubing for bikes and trikes is in this range.
- This clamp is designed to be small and lightweight. It is not designed for heavy loads or to carry steering forces.
- Fits any bike or trike with 1/2 inch (12.7mm) of straight space on the handlebar where you'd like to mount other things.
Make sure to follow the email instructions on their website they arae prompt in getting back with you.
This part actually would not work but Raina came in and provided an excellent alternative solution.
Well made, as always, and just the right length for a mirror mount.
Easy to install, well made, solid and sturdy, there is nothing bad to say about it. I am using it on an HPV Streetmachine handlebar as the mount for my left side mirror. The bike came with a similar mount but it only had one screw in the clamp rather than your two. I passed a steel post at a gate on one of my routes a little too close and the previous mount was broken. It did not become completely detached so I had to bend it further to get it off. To remount a similar accessory mount, I needed to be able to slide it down over the top of the handle bar. This meant I needed to remove the bar end shifter…something that due to the age of the bike proved impossible. It is pretty much pressure welded in the end of the bar. I needed a mount that did not require this disassembly. Yours fit the need admirably.
Item was shipped fast and exactly what I needed. Perfect