Simple yet effective, this rubber clip snaps around your Purple Sky flag pole and allows you to attach nearly any bicycle rear light. A super simple way to increase your night (or daytime) visibility even more. Works with any rear light designed to attach to a vertical tube. 1 inch (25.4mm) outer diameter compatible with almost any bicycle rear light designed to attach to a seatpost or other vertical tube. 1 inch tall with a 1/4 inch (6.35mm) ID. Light sold separately; note that if you use a RapidX2 Light, you don't need this piece.
1. What exactly does this do?
It attaches to a flag pole and provides a place to attach a light. It's a cylindrical piece of 1 inch OD rubber with a 1/4 inch ID hole down the middle, sliced into a C shape so you can snap it over your flag pole.
2. Will it work on my flag pole?
If your pole is anywhere from 6mm (a little smaller than 1/4 inch) up to about 5/16 inch (8mm), it will work. Most flag poles are either 6mm or 1/4 inch, so yes, it should work on your pole, whatever brand you have.
3. What kinds of lights can I put on it?
Any light that will attach to something 1 inch diameter. This includes all upright bike rear lights, so it's great for putting a rear facing red light up high. Note that if you use a RapidX2 Light, you don't need this piece (but it is required for basically all other lights).
- Choose a spot, snap it on, and attach your light. A light that is adjustable for angle works best, since most flag poles angle back as you ride.
- Sized to fit all known flag poles and all common types of bicycle rear lights.
- Neoprene rubber, 1 inch OD x 1/4 inch ID, 1.25 inches long. Sliced vertically on one side to make a C shape so it can be snapped over your flag pole.
- For use with any flag pole from 6mm (just under 1/4 inch) up to 5/16 inch (8mm) in diameter.
Does a fair job of folding lights except for the fact the hole drilled is a bit too large for the flag poles. It is too small for my front powerhouse rack so drilled it out more so it would snap on and stay stationery. Great concept but needs tweaked. At least the ones I ordered came. Ordered some from other place and still haven't seen them. Canceling the order there.
Until there is something better ...
Combined with light, battery, and mount it puts a lot of weight on the top of the pole. I'll use it until I can find a better solution. Be nice to have a bright (visible in daylight) LED strobe built into the top of the pole with the power-supply and electronics mounted near the bottom.
Rubber Light Mount Review
Works as advertised. That satisfies me.
I used this to adapt a bicycle light meant to clamp onto handlebars or seat posts so that it could be mounted on a rear rack. It really fit the bill!
Better than I thought
Works great and ended up saving me some time trying to figure out some problems I was tackling.