WINTR IS COMING
We have re-engineered the T-Cycle OnePoint Mount and it's replacement, the WINTR Mount will be launched on October first. It does away with the less-elegant hose clamps and the excess weight of the knuckle pivot in favor of much more refined heavy duty frame clamp.
Mark your calendar and stay-tuned!
This is only the mounting hardware, the fairing is sold separately, or as part of our most popular duo, the WGX OnePoint Fairing Kit. The recently redesigned OnePoint Mount is a unique Windwrap design for mounting fairings to nearly all tadpole trikes and short wheelbase bikes. It now comes with a T-Cycle: exclusive, fully-tiltable friction knuckle that holds the upper mount in place. Customizable in six different dimensions, the OnePoint Mount allows you to create a fit exactly as you want it! The hardware attaches to the top and bottom of the main tube in one location, making it the most universal fairing mount out there. The mount comes with all of the necessary bits and pieces to mount a fairing to your bike or trike.
1. Will the OnePoint fit my trike?
Yes, if it's a tadpole trike. The mounting system is extremely versatile, and we haven't found a tadpole trike it won't fit. If you have a Delta trike, like a Hase or Anura, we have a different kit for them (Remote Steer).
2. Is the mount the same for GX fairing and the WGX fairing?
Almost. The only difference is the width of the upper T bar tube. It's wider on the WGX.
3. What is the height option about?
The height option varies the length of the tube that sticks up out of the hinge. For nearly all bikes/trikes, the standard mast length is what you need. For bikes with more upright seats, you may need the tall mast option.
4. What is the forward/back adjustment range?
The hinge goes 90 degrees. What distance this translates into varies with the height adjustment, but typically 16-20 inches or so. A good amount to make getting on and off easy.
5. How easy is it to get it in my car?
The fairing itself removes in about 30 seconds. You can then roll it up into a much smaller package. We make fleece covers for this, with drawstrings and elastic edges, but you can use a blanket or a large towel as well. The upper part of the mount folds forward, which may be all that's needed. The upper T part also telescopes. It's held in place with a clamp collar, so it's easily remove. The lower stinger sticks out in front of the cranks, so your bike/trike will be longer with it on. It is also held in place with a collar clamp, so it can be removed or telescoped in as needed. Most people find the most they have to do is one or the other of these.
6. Can I attach things to the mount, like lights, computers, and GPSs?
Yes. We sell mounts for lights outside the fairing, and you can attach things to the vertical or horizontal tubes of the mount. We recommend lights outside the fairing, as it doesn't affect the beam pattern, and doesn't reflect back at you at night. Some people do it, and like it, but it's not what we would recommend. The ends of the upper T part of the mount is a great place for mirrors.
If you need a way to mount something, say a GPS, to the fairing mount, our Accessory Mounts are very good for that.
- Tilt Forward feature for easy in/out is now standard. In keeping with T-Cycle's insane quest for adjustability, you can set both forward and back stops wherever you'd like them. The super smooth folding friction is also adjustable, so everything feels "just right" when you get on or off your bike or trike.
- We make several variations of this mount depending on the make and model of bike/trike that you have. For instance, on most bikes, we provide a longer upper mast, because the seat to BB position is higher on most bikes. The width of the top crossbar varies with the width of the fairing, so the WGX crossbar is wider than the GX crossbar.
- On most bikes and trikes, this mount attaches to both the top and bottom of the main tube about 8-12 inches (20-30cm) behind the cranks.
- The mount is made from machined from aluminum and depending on the part, are powder coated or black anodized. All fasteners are stainless steel. The tilt forward hinge pivots on Delrin bushings for smoothness. The tilt range is 90 degrees forward and back. The forward and back stops are independently adjustable anywhere in that range.
- The OnePoint mount fits a wide variety of bikes and trikes- every tadpole trike, and most bikes with the cranks ahead of the front wheel. On some SWB bikes with short booms and the cranks closer to the handlebars, you may want the short version of the GX fairing (we take 10 inches (25cm) off the top of top trailing edge).
- The lower, forward part of the mount attaches to the bottom of the main tube, so for bikes like the RANS V-Rex, with extra tubes angling up there, a different forward mount is used.