The WERX Long Wheelbase Fairing Kit is for bikes with long wheelbases and low bottom brackets. Mounting the WERX Long Wheelbase Fairing with its brother, the WERX Long Wheelbase Mount means a more aerodynamic ride and a calmer ride, even in the throes of nature's worst torture tantrums. With stainless steel lower mounting arms, (optional Minoura clamps available for forks without fairing bosses) and lightweight welded aluminum that attaches to your handlebars, vibrations are isolated at the top and bottom, so your ride is smoother and view clearer. The fairing comes slotted specially for you, and provides coverage from your feet to just above your handlebars. It's even shaped with space around the crank for your feet to move comfortably without being bulky or allowing the weather to creep in. You're gonna love it.
1. I have an Easy Racers bike. What's better about this fairing?
The shapes of these fairings are specifically designed for aerodynamically smoothing LWB bikes with the cranks in this position. The mounts are simple, elegant, light, and- Quiet!
2. What about tinted fairings?
Some people say they feel cooler under a tinted fairing. Others just say they are cooler looking. We haven't measured the solar radiation shading provided by the tinting, so we can't make any claims for it. We think it does provide some shading effect. The cooler looking thing is very personal, it depends on the look you want.
3. How much faster will I be?
That depends very much on what the fairing is attached to and how it is set up, so there's no ready answer. From coastdown testing, about 4-5%. This is very noticeable.
4. How much will it keep the wind and rain off me?
Your feet and lower legs will be well protected. Your upper legs and torso will get some protection, depending on the weather and how you have things adjusted. In general, you will be a lot drier, and in the winter, a lot more comfortable.
5. How easy is it switch things so I can carry it on my car?
The fairing itself removes in about 30 seconds. You can then roll it up into a much smaller package. We make fleece covers for this, with drawstrings and elastic edges, but you can use a blanket or a large towel as well.
6. Can I attach things to the mount, like lights, computers, and GPSs?
Yes. We sell mounts for lights outside the fairing. We also make a LWB light mount that allows you to attach multiple lights above and beside the front wheel. We recommend lights outside the fairing, as it doesn't affect the beam pattern, and doesn't reflect back at you at night. Some people do it, and like it, but it's not what we would recommend.
7. How long does a fairing last?
A long time. We make our fairings from Lexan and Macrolon brand polycarbonate. They are super tough and can take a lot of abuse. Things like cracking are not a problem. It does scuff, but we include a polish kit to help you keep it looking new.
- The WERX is a classic fairing with many hundreds in daily use. The special stainless steel and powder coated tubular aluminum mounts are rugged and the special rubber vibration isolation mounts make things very quiet. If you have a LWB bike, a WERX fairing is one of the single most important upgrades you can make for speed and all around weather protection.
- The laser cut stainless lower mounts attach to your fork blades. On most Easy Racers bikes, there are 5mm mounting bosses on the upper face of the fork blades. If you have the carbon fork on an Easy Racers bike, you have 6mm mounting bosses with shallow threads, so be sure to check that option when you order so we can send you the special brackets and bolts.
- On other bikes, we provide two Minoura mounts to hold our stainless lower mounts to the fork. The upper mount is made from aluminum tube, welded and powder coated. Rubber swell nuts with thumbscrews attach the fairing both top and bottom. Attachment and adjustment are very easy.
- Fairing Dimensions:
- Width: 19.5in (50cm)
- Height (typical adjust): 36in (91cm)
- Depth (curve depth): 6.75in (17cm)
- Length: 43in (109cm)
- Some of the differences may seem small, but the width and depth dimensions in particular make a big difference.
- Dimensions vary a bit depending on how you have the fairing mounted and adjusted.
- The fairing is blown from premium brand polycarbonate (Macrolon for clear fairings, Lexan for tinted fairings). The mount is made from tubular aluminum and stainless steel. All fasteners are stainless steel.
- The WERX fairing and mounts fit a wide variety of LWB bikes: Easy Racers, RANS, Lightfoot, Cycle Genius, and others. Basically, most ASS LWB bikes with the cranks about even with the axle of the front wheel. On some RANS models with higher BBs, you need the RNS fairing, which is curved to provide pedal clearance for the higher BB.
Great Customer Service!
There was a defect with the product which the customer service department at T-Cycle handled quickly. Will definitely do business with them again!
This fairing is taller than the old Windwrap, but I got it to work. Nice.
It fit my EZ Gold Rush as advertised
Truly an aerodynamic bubble fairing that adds 2-3 mph with the same peddling effort. The hardware is very slick and well thought out with one tiny exception. The forks on my Gold Rush are tapered and the fork hardware slips down and loosens even when tightened fully. However two additional bolts I had lock them into the existing threaded holes on the forks perfectly. Adding two longer bolts to the kit for this option would greatly improve it for EZ recumbents. It's a slight ding but overall I'm very pleased.
OUUUUUUU This Looks Good
Mounted on my Ti Rush and wow the tinted screen looks good! This was the complete kit. Mounts, Cleaners and Windscreen. Its wonderful that TerraCycle hasn't let us Easy Racer riders down. Greatest recumbent ever invented by Gardner Martin. Thanks!!!!
Wind screen for recumbent
Took a little over an hour to install. Instructions were detailed and easy to follow.