Proudly fly your support for the JaYoe adventure wherever you go with this fun conversation starter! Be a part of Matt Galat's grand trike adventure with this flag- with every flag, we make a $15.00 donation on your behalf to support Matt on his journey. Now, as you follow along online, you can take extra pleasure in knowing you're helping him along the way. Each flag is custom printed with the JaYoe logo in 3M white reflective. Eye catching and attention getting, you'll get noticed day and night with this flag! Hi Vis tassel and 2 piece fiberglass pole included. Left and right sides of the flag are different. Reflective spine with reflective logo graphics.
1. How does the $15.00 donation work?
We set aside the donation funds from every flag purchase and at the end of the month, transfer the funds to Matt's travel account.
2. I know Mat's riding with them, and I've heard other people rave about your flags. What makes them so special?
Lots of things, but foremost the style: these are not stodgy 'safety flags', they are high performance visibility aids that look as good as they work. Everything, from the aero shape, to the colors, to the top of the line reflective features, to the serious poles, these are not kids toys. They are grown up safety accessories with flair. They are made to last for years in all conditions, not to last one season and be replaced. Unlike most flags, they are designed to work at the speeds adults ride, and they wave in a deliberately controlled way instead of flapping wildly. They are designed and made to be used every day and perform for years.
3. I've had other flags that flapped a lot and made a lot of noise. Do these do that?
No. The stiffer poles, special flag shape, and stronger flag material are specifically made to wave in a predictable, steady way, even at high speeds.
4. Are these OK to be out in the sun a lot?
Yes. They are made of outdoor polyester, not thin nylon. Nylon is strong, but it is not colorfast and not very UV resistant. Sails are made from Dacron polyester because it's very strong and lasts for years in the sun. Purple Sky flags are made of a similar material.
5. I've always thought it would be a great idea to attach a light to a flag. Is there a way to do that?
Yes, it's one of the first things we did. We have a very simple optional light mount. It's a 1 inch (25.4mm) neoprene rubber collar that snaps over the flagpole and lets you attach most any bicycle rear light. Most bike rear lights are designed to go on the seatpost of an upright bike, so they clamp right on. We also offer the very bright, USB rechargeable Cateye RapidX lights that mount right to the flagpole.
6. I'm worried about the flag flying off when I go fast. Will that happen?
Highly unlikely. We have taken a number of measures to keep things together at high speeds. The poles are designed to be stiff and not bend back as much. The flag is clipped to the pole and prevented from sliding off by a top cap. Should the clip fail for any reason, the top cap is designed to catch on the bottom of the flag. The top and bottom pole sections are held together with a ferrule that includes a special gripping collar. It takes a very deliberate twisting and releasing action to separate the poles.
7. Does it come with the Hi Vis tassel?
Yes, it comes with a Hi Vis tassel. You can add a second one if you wish, there are two grommets, one at the top of the flag and one at the bottom.
- These flags maintain their cool even at high speeds. The unique shape is both attention getting and tuned for just the right amount of flap, even at high speeds. No noisy flappity flap, just a gentle, attention getting back and forth. An additional hi-vis tassel can be attached at the bottom of the flag.
- Poles are black fiberglass for strength and to blend in with your other black accessories. Poles are a combined 70 inches (1.8m)long and separate in the middle for transport. Special silicone rubber grip keeps tubes from separating until you tell them to. Poles are stiff enough a light can be attached, we have an optional mount for that. The bottom pole is available in either 6mm or 1/4 inch end diameter to fit any flag mount (6mm is just slightly smaller than 1/4 inch, if in doubt, order 6mm).
- Every flag comes with a Hi Vis tassel. You can add a second one if you wish, there are two grommets, one at the top of the flag and one at the bottom.
- We also offer our own very versatile flag mounts if you need a good place to mount it.
- Made from highly weather and UV resistant outdoor polyester for long life and excellent resistance to fading. Poles are solid fiberglass, with two 36in (0.9m) long sections. Sections are joined by a special carbon fiber ferrule with a silicone rubber grip collar to keep things together until you want them apart. Poles are 1/4in diameter, with an option for a 1.75in (4.5cm) 6mm section on the bottom end of the lower pole for compatibility with 6mm flag mounts. Flag is shaped for visual contrast, aerodynamics, and controlled flapping, even at high speeds. 3M reflectives used are rated for high effectiveness even when wet.
- The upper tip of the lower pole is red to indicate the end that is inserted into the upper pole. Slide the tapered red tip through the silicone grip collar until it is firmly seated in the ferrule on the lower end of the upper pole. Insert the bottom end of the lower pole into your flag mount. You can typically put your flag into the tube that runs down the side of your seat. Some trikes, such as ICE trikes, have a hole in the plastic top cap for that purpose. Others, like TerraTrikes, may require you to drill a slightly larger than 1/4 inch (about 6.35mm) hole in the top cap. Other trikes, such as Catrikes, come with a 6mm flag mount back on the rear dropout. The rear racks on HPVT trikes have flag mounts in them.
- The silicone gripper collar is designed to keep your poles from separating under all but the most extreme conditions. To separate the poles, pinch the collar around the lower pole until it wrinkles a little bit. This will break the suction and allow you to gently twist the lower pole out. If you try to just yank the pole out, the collar will tighten and grip even more. Pushing the collar up with a fingernail will also relax the collar and cause it to release it's grip on the pole.
- There is a plastic clip near the top of the flag. Inside the flag, on the end of the pole, there is a cap that cushions the end of the pole. The cap can't get past the clip. If you want to remove the flag from the pole for any reason, gently pry the clip off and slide the flag off the pole. The cap is designed to catch on the bottom of the flag as a backup. You will need to wriggle and twist to get the cap out the bottom of the flag.
- If it gets dirty, wipe your flag down with a cloth or old toothbrush dampened with soap and water. The colors are colorfast and UV resistant and cannot be scrubbed off.
- You can install the Hi Vis tassel using the grommets at the top and bottom of the flag. If you are running one tassel, we recommend putting it at the top of the flag. One tassel comes standard with every flag.
- Goes on any bike or trike that's proud to say they support the JaYoe life and are doing their part to make it go.
I LOVE MY JAYOE FLAGS AND I LOVE ALL YOU GUYS!
Thanks for all your cool comments guys! You make me so happy and excited to continue down this long road. you all rock!
I love my JaYoe Purple Sky Flags!
I'll tell you what guys... I don't like to put my name to a product unless it is useful and good quality. Everything that I use from T-cycle fits that bill! These flags are quiet, visible and don't drag. The material does not fade much and the sit up high and proud.
JaYoe flag is well made and colorful. I appreciate you supporting Matt's triking odyssey!
GO GO MAT!!! FOUND HIS FLAG!!! SO HAPPY I DID!! NOW IT IS TIME TO THINK OF GETTING ONE!! I ALREADY FOLLOW HIS ADVENTURE ON YOU/TUBE! THERE WAY EXPENSIVE! 60 SMACKERS!! I THINK YOU GUY'S NEED TO GIVE HIM MORE FOR WHAT YOUR CHARGING FOR THESE FLAGS! HALF SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT! THEN I WOULD GET ONE WITH OUT THINKING TWICE ABOUT IT!