The WGX Classic Two-Point Fairing Kit is for trikes and short wheelbase bikes with triangulated booms. It allows you the supreme coverage of a WGX fairing with the versatility of a OnePoint Hinge top mounting hardware and the Two Point Classic Stinger to go on your bottom bracket. Sturdy, lightweight, and durable, the power of the Classic Two Point Mount with the protective nature of the WGX Fairing make this one awesome duo!
1. I've been told the OnePoint mount won't work on my bike because I have frame tubes coming up to underneath my BB shell. Is this the mount for me?
Yes. This mount is made for this situation. The upper part of the mount is the same as the OnePoint, but the front part attaches differently. The front part of this mount attaches to the front of the BB shell. The only requirement is that there is about 3/8in (1cm) or more on either side of the BB shall to attach to. This will be the case on all but the widest of main tubes.
2. What about tinted fairings?
Some people say they feel cooler under a tinted fairing. Others just say they are cooler looking. We haven't measured the solar radiation shading provided by the tinting, so we can't make any claims for it. We think it does provide some shading effect. The cooler looking thing is very personal, it depends on the look you want.
3. How much faster will I be?
That depends very much on what the fairing is attached to and how it is set up, so there's no ready answer. Some people get marked improvements, and some find they can't tell. Some find they don't notice much of an effect until they're going into a headwind.
4. How much will it keep the wind and rain off me?
Your feet and lower legs will be well protected. Your upper legs and torso will get some protection, depending on the weather and how you have things adjusted. In general, you will be a lot drier, and in the winter, a lot more comfortable.
5. How easy is it to get it in my car?
The fairing itself removes in about 30 seconds. You can then roll it up into a much smaller package. We make fleece covers for this, with drawstrings and elastic edges, but you can use a blanket or a large towel as well. The upper part of the mount folds forward, which may be all that's needed. The upper T part also telescopes. It's held in place with a clamp collar, so it's easily remove. The lower stinger sticks out in front of the cranks, so your bike/trike will be longer with it on. It can be telescoped in as needed. Most people find the most they have to do is one or the other of these.
6. Can I attach things to the mount, like lights, computers, and GPSs?
Yes. We sell mounts for lights outside the fairing, and you can attach things to the vertical or horizontal tubes of the mount. We recommend lights outside the fairing, as it doesn't affect the beam pattern, and doesn't reflect back at you at night. Some people do it, and like it, but it's not what we would recommend. The ends of the upper T part of the mount is a great place for mirrors. If you need a way to mount something, say a GPS, to the fairing mount, our Accessory Mounts are very good for that.
7. How long does a fairing last?
A long time. We make our fairings from Lexan brand polycarbonate. Lexan is super tough and can take a lot of abuse. Things like cracking are not a problem. It does scuff, but we include a polish kit to help you keep it looking new.
- Tilt Forward feature for easy in/out is now standard.
- In keeping with T-Cycle's insane quest for adjustability, you can set both forward and back stops wherever you'd like them.
- The super smooth folding friction is also adjustable, so everything feels "just right" when you get on or off your bike or trike.
- We make several variations of this mount depending on the make and model of bike/trike that you have. For instance, on most bikes, we provide a longer upper mast, because the seat to BB position is higher on most bikes.
- On most bikes and trikes, this mount attaches to the top of the main tube about 8-12 inches (20-30cm) behind the cranks and to the front face of the BB shell.
- Width: 20.75in (52.7cm)
- Height (Typical Adjust): 22in (56cm)
- Depth (Curve Depth): 7.5in (19cm)
- Length: 42in (107cm)
- Dimensions vary a bit depending on how you have the fairing mounted and adjusted.
- The fairing is blown from Lexan brand premium polycarbonate. The mount is made from machined from aluminum and depending on the part, are powder coated or black anodized. All fasteners are stainless steel.
- The tilt forward hinge pivots on Delrin bushings for smoothness. The tilt range is 90 degrees forward and back. The forward and back stops are independently adjustable anywhere in that range.
- The WGX fairing and 2 Point mount fit a variety of bikes and trikes with the cranks ahead of the front wheel.
- The lower, forward part of the mount attaches to the front of the BB shell, so for bikes like the RANS V-Rex, with extra tubes angling up there, this is the mount to use.