The BLC Remote Steer Fairing Kit is for bikes with remote steering and long wheelbases. The mount is specially designed for mounting fairings to remote steered long wheelbase bikes and delta trikes. The front mount extends over the head tube to above the front wheel and the rear mount is positioned along the top tube. It was designed for a wide range of adjustability and configurability. The fairing extends over the front wheel and provides coverage from your feet to your handlebars, shaped with space around the crank for your feet to move comfortably without being bulky or allowing the weather to creep in.
1. I have an Remote Steered LWB bike. Is this the fairing for me?
Almost certainly. This fairing system is made for remote steered LWB bike and trikes. The shape of this fairings is specifically designed for aerodynamically smoothing LWB bikes with the cranks higher than front axle position. The mounts are very adaptable to different steering and frame arrangements.
2. Should I get the standard width BLC fairing or the wider WGX fairing?
That's a good question, and it depends. The WGX is wider by about 1.5 inches. This provides more weather protection, is better for mounting bodysocks, and may be more aero for you and your bike. This depends greatly on you and your bike. The choice is yours. If one of your main goal is weather protection, the WGX is the way to go. The BLC is best if your cranks are up really high.
3. What about tinted fairings?
Some people say they feel cooler under a tinted fairing. Others just say they are cooler looking. We haven't measured the solar radiation shading provided by the tinting, so we can't make any claims for it. We think it does provide some shading effect. The cooler looking thing is very personal, it depends on the look you want.
4. How much faster will I be?
That depends very much on what the fairing is attached to and how it is set up, so there's no ready answer. We would estimate 2-5% for most bikes and around 2% for most trikes. This is very noticeable.
5. How much will it keep the wind and rain off me?
Your feet and lower legs will be well protected. Your upper legs and torso will get some protection, depending on the weather and how you have things adjusted. In general, you will be a lot drier, and in the winter, a lot more comfortable.
6. How easy is it switch things so I can carry it on my car?
The fairing itself removes in about 30 seconds. You can then roll it up into a much smaller package. We make fleece covers for this, with drawstrings and elastic edges, but you can use a blanket or a large towel as well.
7. Can I attach things to the mount, like lights, computers, and GPSs?
Yes. There are several good places on this mount.
8. How long does a fairing last?
A long time. We make our fairings from Lexan brand polycarbonate. Lexan is super tough and can take a lot of abuse. Things like cracking are not a problem. It does scuff, but we include a polish kit to help you keep it looking new.
- The mount consists of two independently adjustable units. One for the front of the fairing, which is designed to go up and over the head tube area to down in front and above the front wheel. The rear unit goes behind the cranks and goes up to hold the top of the fairing. Both are very adjustable.
- The rear mount shown in the photos does not include the new forward/back friction hinge. We will get photos up as soon as possible. In the mean time, you can look at the mount photos for the GX and WGX fairings. The rear mount is the same as the upper part of those mounts.
- The wider WGX fairing may be used with this mount if you want a wider, deeper fairing.
- The front and rear mounts is made from aluminum tubing and CNC machined aluminum parts. The tubing is powder coated and the machined parts are black anodized. Rubber swell nuts with thumbscrews attach the fairing both top and bottom. All fasteners are stainless.
- Width: 18in (46cm)
- Height (typical adjust): 30in (76cm)
- Depth (curve depth): 7in (18cm)
- Length: 43in (109cm)
- *Dimensions vary a bit depending on how you have the fairing mounted and adjusted.
- The fairing is blown from Lexan brand premium polycarbonate.
- The BLC fairing and mounts fit a wide variety of remote steered LWB bikes and trikes, like Burley, Greenspeed, Hase, and others. Basically, most USS LWB bikes and trikes.