These arms currently do not fit the Catrike Eola.
If you have a Catrike, and need a little help getting in and out, these are the Assist Arms for you! Designed after extensive research with real people in real world situations, these arms provide the forms of support you need to safely and comfortably get on and off your trike. The smooth, curving arms provide multiple gripping positions and provide a nice sized area to rest your hands. The arms are centered over the front wheels. They extend forward so they are easy to reach when you are first getting on, and extend back towards you when you're seated to help you start to get up. The front to back configuration also means there's no twisting of hands or wrists required- your grip is always natural and comfortable. The custom low profile clamps provide optimal fit.
1. What do these arms do?
These arms provide a medium sized, comfortable grip area to help you get on and off your Catrike. They can also be used to mount mirrors and accessories. We also make a larger version for those that need more help getting on and off.
2. Why these arms?
These arms were designed by an industrial designer specializing in biomechanics and geriatrics. The design was fine tuned after lots of testing with a lot of different people. They place a large, strong, comfortable grip area with several hand position options right where you need them. They are super easy and super comfortable to use. The lengthwise orientation means your arms and wrists don't need to twist to grip them. They are naturally in line with your grip and very comfortable to use.
3. Why are they this shaped like this?
The shape, length, and position are specifically designed to give you a range of places to grip depending on what you need at different points in the getting on and getting off process. When you're getting on, the forward part of the grip is easy to find, even without looking behind you. You just reach down naturally with your hands, and the grip is right there. As you transition to being seated, you can reposition your hands as you need to. The downward curving part at the back makes it easy to get started getting out, and the cushioned grip allows you to push with your arms if you don't have good hand or wrist strength. These arms were designed after extensive work with physical therapists and real users to be the safest, most comfortable Assist Arms available. We also make a larger version for those that need more help getting on and off.
- Made in USA from powder coated 6061T6 aluminum. Low profile mounts are made here in our shop in Portland, OR, USA.
- Arms are 1 inch (25.4mm) diameter for easier gripping.
- These arms are shorter, less obtrusive versions of the arms originally designed by Eddee Edson of Thrive Cycling.
- Arms are usually mounted ahead of the brakes and shifters. About 1.75 inches (45mm) of open space is required at the front of the horizontal steering arm. If you have your controls mounted all the way forward on the steering arms, slide them rearward as necessary to make room for the Assist Arm clamps. Attach the clamps and install the arms. Adjust the arms so they are plumb and level and there is enough room to easily reach the controls.
- The clamps are designed so the heads of the bolts face inward for easy wrench access.
- When getting on, stand where you usually would right in front of the main cross tube. Reach down and move your hands inward and you'll automatically find the arms. Grab the arms and rest your arms on them as you sit down. To get up, first grip the curved part of the arm closest to you and use it to pull yourself to an upright posture. Then slide your reach forward to the main part of the arm and pull yourself up. You can rest you wrist on the foam cushion as you do this. If you need more length on the arm, for example you don't have the hand or wrist strength, our longer arms are designed to provide more support options enabling you to push with your forearms.
- Fits all Catrikes except the Eola. We are working on versions for other trikes.
Working as expected Well made
They work, they look good and people are happy with them
Very Satisfied Customer
The attachment is solid and the arms are functional. Personally would have preferred a straight rather than curved bar as I’m buying more mount bars to compensate.