Specifically designed for Burley bikes, but also fully compatible with Edge 2 wheelers, the ultra-durable T-Cycle Burley/Edge Easy Reacher Rack is custom made and much stronger than an ordinary rack. Mounting arms are custom CNC machined for the Burley/Edge seat rail so they fit perfectly and are very secure. Racks have black anodized TIG-welded rack arms. Racks are further customized with pannier rail leveling clamps specific to the angle of your main tube. Once you see how beautiful these parts are you will appreciate the all USA made T-Cycle rack. No other rack system is anything like it.
1. Why underseat?
Rear racks have their place, but underseat racks really let you carry things. A rear rack is great for light things, or occasional use, but when you want to carry things on a regular basis, underseat is the way to go. With the weight low and centered, your bike's handling is not affected like is with a rear rack. When the amount of weight gets significant at all, the difference is very noticeable.
2. How much can I carry?
A lot. Our racks are rated 30lbs/side, but they can carry more. So, more than you are probably ever going to need to carry. It's good to know you've got capacity to spare if you ever need it.
3. What panniers can I use?
Any pannier with the hooks near the top. You can adjust your rack up and down, but most people find positioning the pannier rail about 2 inches below the seat works best.
4. How do they install?
We machine special arms that clamp to the main tube. Each arm is shaped for the frame and chainline of the bike it's used with. The arms have cable tunnels for the rear deraileur and brake cables. It depends on your seat position, but generally one arm will go in front of the seat and one behind the seat. You lay the arms on the frame, attach the machined clamp arches from underneath, and finally, attach and adjust the pannier rails.
5. Burley and Edge are compatible?
Yes! Edge bought the Burley tooling, and uses the same seat rail on the 2 wheelers.
- Recumbent riders all know that the best place to keep a pannier bag is under the seat. This position maintains your bike's stability and allows you to carry heavier loads with ease. Another big bonus: you have easier access to stuff you need. Our Easy Reacher Racks are legendary for their carrying capacity and year after year durability—for touring or commuting, on pavement or off. Expedition tough T-Cycle racks are sought out by knowledgeable recumbent riders everywhere. They have toured back and forth across many continents without incident. All USA made, high strength, lightweight aluminum, beautifully machined rack arms, tig welded pannier rails, and stainless steel fittings.
- The position and fit of the rack on your bike is probably more adjustable than any rack you have ever seen. Forward/back, up/down, and rack angle are all adjustable.
- While the racks can carry heavy loads, we do recommend that you try to load them approximately evenly. For touring, we recommend putting your heaviest things in the underseat bags, and if you need to, put additional light things behind the seat. How you load your bags can affect ground clearance, so make sure nothing pooches out the bottom of your bag.
- If you ever want to remove the rack for a time, it is easy to remove the pannier rails as a unit and leave the arms on the frame under the seat.
- Fits all known Burley and Edge 2 wheel bikes.
I "ordered" this track last year at a local bike shop. A few weeks later the shop owner said he hadn't heard back from terra cycle. That shop is now closed. I decided to order directly from terra cycle. I should have done that from the start. Received quickly. It took me a while to figure out how to mount it where I wanted it (had to remount seat higher). I haven't had a chance to use it yet but it looks like it will be a winner.
Another A+. Thanks All.