Simple yet effective, this rubber clip snaps around your Purple Sky flag pole and allows you to attach nearly any bicycle rear light. A super simple way to increase your night (or daytime) visibility even more. Works with any rear light designed to attach to a vertical tube. 1 inch (25.4mm) outer diameter compatible with almost any bicycle rear light designed to attach to a seatpost or other vertical tube. 1 inch tall with a 1/4 inch (6.35mm) ID. Light sold separately; note that if you use a RapidX2 Light, you don't need this piece.
1. What exactly does this do?
It attaches to a flag pole and provides a place to attach a light. It's a cylindrical piece of 1 inch OD rubber with a 1/4 inch ID hole down the middle, sliced into a C shape so you can snap it over your flag pole.
2. Will it work on my flag pole?
If your pole is anywhere from 6mm (a little smaller than 1/4 inch) up to about 5/16 inch (8mm), it will work. Most flag poles are either 6mm or 1/4 inch, so yes, it should work on your pole, whatever brand you have.
3. What kinds of lights can I put on it?
Any light that will attach to something 1 inch diameter. This includes all upright bike rear lights, so it's great for putting a rear facing red light up high. Note that if you use a RapidX2 Light, you don't need this piece (but it is required for basically all other lights).
- Choose a spot, snap it on, and attach your light. A light that is adjustable for angle works best, since most flag poles angle back as you ride.
- Sized to fit all known flag poles and all common types of bicycle rear lights.
- Neoprene rubber, 1 inch OD x 1/4 inch ID, 1.25 inches long. Sliced vertically on one side to make a C shape so it can be snapped over your flag pole.
- For use with any flag pole from 6mm (just under 1/4 inch) up to 5/16 inch (8mm) in diameter.
Combined with light, battery, and mount it puts a lot of weight on the top of the pole. I'll use it until I can find a better solution. Be nice to have a bright (visible in daylight) LED strobe built into the top of the pole with the power-supply and electronics mounted near the bottom.
Works as advertised. That satisfies me.
I used this to adapt a bicycle light meant to clamp onto handlebars or seat posts so that it could be mounted on a rear rack. It really fit the bill!
Works great and ended up saving me some time trying to figure out some problems I was tackling.
Works as it should.. Would definitely buy another one if need be..