Simple yet effective, this rubber clip snaps around your Purple Sky flag pole and allows you to attach nearly any bicycle rear light. A super simple way to increase your night (or daytime) visibility even more. Works with any rear light designed to attach to a vertical tube. 1 inch (25.4mm) outer diameter compatible with almost any bicycle rear light designed to attach to a seatpost or other vertical tube. 1 inch tall with a 1/4 inch (6.35mm) ID. Light sold separately; note that if you use a RapidX2 Light, you don't need this piece.
1. What exactly does this do?
It attaches to a flag pole and provides a place to attach a light. It's a cylindrical piece of 1 inch OD rubber with a 1/4 inch ID hole down the middle, sliced into a C shape so you can snap it over your flag pole.
2. Will it work on my flag pole?
If your pole is anywhere from 6mm (a little smaller than 1/4 inch) up to about 5/16 inch (8mm), it will work. Most flag poles are either 6mm or 1/4 inch, so yes, it should work on your pole, whatever brand you have.
3. What kinds of lights can I put on it?
Any light that will attach to something 1 inch diameter. This includes all upright bike rear lights, so it's great for putting a rear facing red light up high. Note that if you use a RapidX2 Light, you don't need this piece (but it is required for basically all other lights).
- Choose a spot, snap it on, and attach your light. A light that is adjustable for angle works best, since most flag poles angle back as you ride.
- Sized to fit all known flag poles and all common types of bicycle rear lights.
- Neoprene rubber, 1 inch OD x 1/4 inch ID, 1.25 inches long. Sliced vertically on one side to make a C shape so it can be snapped over your flag pole.
- For use with any flag pole from 6mm (just under 1/4 inch) up to 5/16 inch (8mm) in diameter.
Works as it should.. Would definitely buy another one if need be..
I bought one of these so I could mount a tail light high up on my flag pole so it my trike will be more visible to car drivers than my other tail light, which is mounted low on my Arkel Tailrider trunk bag. I wrapped the tail light strap nice and tight around it so it grips the flag pole without slipping. You can't put a price on safety, but this handy little invention is very inexpensive for the peace of mind it provides.