Fly your Catrike pride with a super colorful Catrike logo flag! Designed for both high performance and high style, these flags really help you stand out. The rakish aero shape is tuned for visibility, low drag, and just the right amount of attention getting back-and-forth waving. Available in four eye-catching, multi color designs. Highly visible under multiple lighting conditions and backgrounds, and something you can be proud to ride with.
Two things to note if you are going to use your new Catrike flag in the stock Catrike flag mount. First, the Catrike mount is 6mm, so be sure to order a 6mm pole under Choose Flag Pole Size above. Second, you might be interested in our Catrike Flag Mount Grommet. It inserts into the stock mount and grips the pole securely so it won't bounce out.
1. I've heard people rave about these. What makes them so special?
Lots of things, but foremost the style: these are not stodgy 'safety flags', they are high performance visibility aids that look as good as they work. Everything, from the aero shape, to the colors, to the top of the line reflective features, to the serious poles, these are not kids toys. They are grown up safety accessories with flair. They are made to last for years in all conditions, not to last one season and be replaced. Unlike most flags, they are designed to work at the speeds adults ride, and they wave in a deliberately controlled way instead of flapping wildly. They are designed and made to be used every day and perform for years.
2. I've had other flags that flapped a lot and made a lot of noise. Do these do that?
No. The stiffer poles, special flag shape, and stronger flag material are specifically made to wave in a predictable, steady way, even at high speeds.
3. Are these OK to be out in the sun a lot?
Yes. They are made of outdoor polyester, not thin nylon. Nylon is strong, but it is not colorfast and not very UV resistant. Sails are made from Dacron polyester because it's very strong and lasts for years in the sun. Purple Sky flags are made of a similar material.
4. I've always thought it would be a great idea to attach a light to a flag. Is there a way to do that?
Yes, it's one of the first things we did. We have a very simple optional light mount. It's a 1 inch (25.4mm) neoprene rubber collar that snaps over the flagpole and lets you attach most any bicycle rear light. Most bike rear lights are designed to go on the seatpost of an upright bike, so they clamp right on. We will be offering lights soon too, as soon as we finish testing and find the best ones.
5. I'm worried about the flag flying off when I go fast. Will that happen?
Highly unlikely. We have taken a number of measures to keep things together at high speeds. The poles are designed to be stiff and not bend back as much. The flag is clipped to the pole and prevented from sliding off by a top cap. Should the clip fail for any reason, the top cap is designed to catch on the bottom of the flag. The top and bottom pole sections are held together with a ferrule that includes a special gripping collar. It takes a very deliberate twisting and releasing action to separate the poles.
6. What color should I pick?
I can't decide! Ah, that is hard! We suggest going for two- a pair of flags looks really nice together!
- Made from highly weather and UV resistant outdoor polyester for long life and excellent resistance to fading.
- Poles are solid fiberglass, with two 36in (0.9m) long sections.
- Sections are joined by a special carbon fiber ferrule with a silicone rubber grip collar to keep things together until you want them apart.
- Upper section of the flag pole is 1/4in diameter; the bottom section is 1/4in until the last 1.75in (4.5cm), where it is either 6mm or 1/4in for compatibility with various flag mounts.
- Flag is shaped for visual contrast, aerodynamics, and controlled flapping, even at high speeds.
- 3M brand reflectives used are rated for high effectiveness even when wet.
- The upper tip of the lower pole is red to indicate the end that is inserted into the upper pole. Slide the tapered red tip through the silicone grip collar until it is firmly seated in the ferrule on the lower end of the upper pole. Insert the bottom end of the lower pole into your flag mount. You can typically put your flag into the tube that runs down the side of your seat. Some trikes, such as ICE trikes, have a hole in the plastic top cap for that purpose. Others, like TerraTrikes, may require you to drill a slightly larger than 1/4 inch (about 6.5mm) hole in the top cap. Other trikes, such as Catrikes, come with a 6mm flag mount back on the rear dropout. The rear racks on HPVT trikes have flag mounts in them.
- The silicone gripper collar is designed to keep your poles from separating under all but the most extreme conditions. To separate the poles, pinch the collar around the lower pole until it wrinkles a little bit. This will break the suction and allow you to gently twist the lower pole out. If you try to just yank the pole out, the collar will tighten and grip even more. Pushing the collar up with a fingernail will also relax the collar and cause it to release it's grip on the pole.
- There is a plastic clip near the top of the flag. Inside the flag, on the end of the pole, there is a cap that cushions the end of the pole. The cap can't get past the clip. If you want to remove the flag from the pole for any reason, gently pry the clip off and slide the flag off the pole. The cap is designed to catch on the bottom of the flag as a backup. You will need to wriggle and twist to get the cap out the bottom of the flag.
- If it gets dirty, wipe your flag down with a cloth or old toothbrush dampened with soap and water. The colors are colorfast and UV resistant and cannot be scrubbed off.
- These flags maintain their cool even at high speeds. The unique shape is both attention getting and tuned for just the right amount of flap, even at high speeds. No noisy flappity flap, just a gentle, attention getting back and forth. An additional hi-vis tassel can be attached at the bottom of the flag.
- Poles are black fiberglass for strength and to blend in with your other black accessories. Poles are a combined 70 inches (1.8m)long and separate in the middle for transport. Special silicone rubber grip keeps tubes from separating until you tell them to. Poles are stiff enough a light can be attached, we have an optional mount for that. The bottom pole is available in either 6mm or 1/4 inch end diameter to fit any flag mount (6mm is just slightly smaller than 1/4 inch, if in doubt, order 6mm).
Fast ship. Packed well. No damage. Easy to assemble. Fits perfect. Looks great! A little overpriced.
Great for visibility, better than the flag that came with my Catrike.
Great flag! Looks awesome! The virus slowed the process of manufacture but thats to be expected in these days.
Nice flag great service. Ability to use Apple Pay a plus