Note: price is for one pair.
When you buy an Accessory Mount or Flag Mount, you get a pair of these very handy Cateye clamps. They are super useful in lots of other places as well. We use them in some of our Fairing Mounts, our Long Wheelbase Light Mounts, and even on some of the equipment around the shop! Get different sized pair for your already super-adaptable Accessory Mount and give it an extra dose of ultra-adaptability, or create your own uses! Seven different sized clamps fit just about any bike. Adjusting shims included to get the exact fit. The stainless steel socket head cap screw maximizes durability and strength, while the smooth, black super tough nylon makes them an inconspicuous and sleek addition to any cycle. Accessory Mounts allow for crazy clever configurations, so if your clamps need to be different sizes, make a note of it on your order.
1. What are these, anyway?
They are Cateye brand plastic mounting clamps, modified in a handy way for use with attaching our Accessory Mounts.
2. How do I know what size I need?
You need to measure the outer diameter of the tube at the point at which you want to clamp. Then, choose the size of clamp that covers the size of your tube. You fine tune the fit of the clamp by trimming the length of the provided shim (the shim isn't needed for paint protection, it's purpose is to adjust the fit).
3. You sell them in pairs, right?
Yes, this price is for a pair. If you are doing something creative that involves attaching to two DIFFERENT sized tubes, we can manage that. Just make note of this on your order.
4. Can I use them on tubes that aren't round?
Yes, as long as they are not too far off round. An oval of about 2:3 is about the max you can do.
- These clamps are modified Cateye brand clamps. Cateye clamps are the best plastic band clamps made. We've made them even more useful by pressing in an anodized aluminum spacer and replacing the attachment screw with a stainless steel bolt.
- The clamps come in 1/8 inch increments from 1/2 inch to 1-1/4 inch. Order the size that covers the size of tube you have.
- Cateye brand nylon band mounting clamps with trimmable adjusting shim. Modified by adding a spacer to move the attachment point out and provide a firm base for attaching things like Accessory Mounts. We replace the black steel screw provided by Cateye with a stainless allen head bolt so you can use regular bike tools (and not have to worry about rust).
- Compatible with all bikes and trikes with round or nearly round tubes in the range of 1/2 inch (12mm) to 1-3/8 inch (35mm).
Quality Unique Recumbent Components and Mounting Devices
TerraCycle's customer service has been great, and their prices are extremely reasonable. The unique equipment and parts I have purchased in the past for my recumbent are always of the highest quality.
One of the best places to get parts
The turnaround at T cycle is fast. They tried to get you your order as fast as possible. One persistent problem is that it’s basically impossible to catch them on the phone. This becomes a problem when ordering parts to fit different dimensions on different bikes and trikes. If I don’t know the size of the handlebar for instance and nobody is there to Advice than how can I order the right part?
Rear light Clamps
These worked great to mount my rear lights to my Azub King rack, thanks!